Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Channelling his inner Bill Gates


I have come to a big realization on this crisp December day. Spanky hates Mac products and is going to try to bring me to the PC world. 

Why?

Well, I know I have mentioned about 20 times when Spanky threw my iPhone in the pool, right? I forgot to mention he yanked keys off my Mac Powerbook (laptop) which I got fixed. Now he's thrown a ball on my laptop and with perfect aim, managed to completely knock off the 'V' key and I cannot get it back on.

But guess what Spanky? 

I have been using Macs since the Apple II came out. In college, I would use the Mac over the crowded popular PC area.  Even when I went to job interviews, I would ask if they used Macs. If they didn't, I did not work there. And if they switched to PCs, I quit. You, little toddler tornado, will not take away my Macs. You are fighting a losing battle.

I have already set up an appointment with the Mac store. I will be getting my laptop fixed. I may be without it for a few days (now I do have my iPhone you tried to destroy but did not--ha--so I will be able to check email and surf a bit) but that my dear son is a sacrifice I am willing to make because your mom is a Mac person. 

And that is all there is to it ;)

Oh and by the way, your sisters and your brother prefer the Mac to your daddy's PC so be prepared to see only  Apple products  for both you and your siblings in your scholastic future.




What, do you think I'm kidding?

12 comments:

Tyne said...

That is funny. Only way that post could have been any better is if he was eating an "Apple!"

Jules from "The Roost" said...

HEEE HEEE I am with you Apple all the way!

dani said...

ha, lisa... i am totally ambicomputerous (dig my madeup word;)... so long as there's broadband internet, i am a happy camper!!!
love,
dani
ps... i have had apple, hp, and gateway. right now i'm sporting a dell, dude:)

Anti-Supermom said...

I'm betting I would love the apple

oh, the temptation...

Brian and Staci said...

Love that face! I also love that he is eating an orange :o Good luck with getting your Mac fixed!

Amanda said...

Hope you get the Mac fixed ~ quickly!
I have never used a Mac before!! But that's all the kids use at school.
L,
Amanda x
(That cute face couldn't break your Mac!)

EatPlayLove said...

LOL! We are an Apple house as well. You really are my long lost Texan self.

mah-meeee said...

LOL! That is a great post... too funny!

However my comments will stop here since we're a PC family here... no Macs or Apples to be found here. Unless you're talking about the fruit 'apple' and Mac, as in mac-n-cheese.

:)

Anonymous said...

I loved mine until it went to the big apple in the sky. I'm okay with the PC, but I do love me some Mac.

CC said...

Bwahahaha! He laughs. But mommy WILL get her way!

Anonymous said...

Dear Spanky,

Don't make me come down to talk about this Mac issue. You don't want to see that Spanky. Trust the Princess on this one, okay?

Mac = good
Windows = bad

tp

Clare said...

i love macs, but couldnt' get hubby to switch over. how could anyone so cute do such a thing??