Saturday, May 10, 2008

6 Uninteresting Things About Me

I got tagged from the lovely Mah-Mee for this one.
Basically, you list six things you thing are pretty uninteresting things about you- quite the difficult task since I am so very interesting, at least to my cat ;)
1. I am very, very picky about my chocolate. I buy chocolate in bulk 1 lb. bars and then chop these up for chips/chunks and sauce. I always have a bar of bittersweet (62.5%) and semi-sweet (54%) Callebaut. I also love Vosges Chocolate for holidays--the milk chocolate bacon bar is to die for--really! If you love chocolate, you need to try. I think chocolate is as varied as wine in terms of taste ;) Yes--I take it very seriously.
2. I love reading great literature and I love to read classics over and over again. Every time I always seem to find something different.  I am reading  "Animal Farm" again and have added "Pigs" from Pink Floyd (their 'Animals' cd goes hand in hand with the book) to the playlist in honor of my reading. I am excited my older daughter is just beginning to enter the realm of the classics and we are reading "Little Women" together right now. She loves it--we'll wait on the very political "Animal Farm" until she can understand the real context. My very favorite book is "Huckleberry Finn"--quite ironic since I truly have a strong preference for Brit lit.
3. I am really into music for mood. I love adding stuff to my music playlist. I love creating different playlists for our day to day tasks; I have a family fun playlist in which all of us have chosen two songs, a meal playlist loaded with Vivaldi and Handel, a school work playlist with Moztart and a wake up breakfast playlist with 'wake up' music and well you get the point :)
4. I have to drink water (or coffee) during a road trip longer than 5 minutes. The car makes me thirsty.
5. I get antsy if my bed is not made. I like to make it as soon as I get up. I'm not much of a neat freak though.
6. I cannot draw a thing.
And now for my tagging.
I tag Holly, Elizabeth and Elaine
Have fun!

15 comments:

Texasholly said...

That was surprisingly interesting since it was uninteresting facts!

Thanks for the tag.

I like chocolate too, but I am amateur level...

CC said...

I heart you because of #1!!

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

fyi...i've added you to my blogroll. :-)

Brian and Staci said...

Wow! You are somethin' girl! You really know your chocolate :) Didn't even know they came in percentages and such! Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!

Miss Lisa said...

I so need to do a post about chocolate--I could chat all day on it ;)

dawn224 said...

When we were in Germany we went to chocolate museum. The gift shop was awwwwesome.

just jamie said...

mmmm.... chocolate. my stomach is all grumbly now.

KG said...

Can you come over to my house and make MY bed?!

Unknown said...

I think that is so cool that you and your daughter are reading the same books!

You want me to list uninteresting things?? Hmmm, this is gonna be hard! ; )

OHmommy said...

I can't for my kids to get into the classic.

Oh. Little Women. I simply can not wait. Fifi is named after my most favorite character. ;)

JCK said...

Oh...more chocolate to try! You naughty girl, you. This was fun! I like to have my bed made, too. It just makes me feel better about the day. I can control ONE thing.

I hope you had a glorious Mother's Day!

Momo Fali said...

I am an equal-opportunity chocolate eater.

Purple Teacup said...

I am going to have to try that chocolate. 1984 and Animal Farm are quite interesting.....seems a lot has come to fruition.

mah-meeee said...

wow... there is so much about chocolates that i don't know about. you should totally write a post about it.

wow, playlists for different times of day!that's a great idea... i think i might give that a try!

thanks for sharing these things about you!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

You sure take your chocolate seriously. I'm getting there in that I really only like the dark stuff. A Hershey's bar just won't cut it anymore.

Can you recommend any semisweet choclate chips?

I'm with Holly, that was quite interesting for being so uninteresting.