Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Night To Remember

The tickets were bought three weeks ago. I arrived with my daughters and their friends an hour in advance. We were the first there and sat patiently behind the velvet rope playing the newly downloaded songs from the iPhone. More and more moms with children arrived. The atmosphere got louder and louder. The excitement of opening night was contagious as I looked at the various groups of children and fellow moms.

A man came and unhitched the velvet rope. Grabbing hands, we ran inside, giddy and screaming with joy. We waited as everything grew dark. We watched various ads as the excitement grew. 

Then silence as we saw a giant sweat drenched Troy Bolton on the screen. Screams and claps flooded the theater. 


I would be lying if I said I sat glued watching the screen,  but I will say I had a sore neck as I spent most of the moments turned to watch the girls reaction as they saw their very favorite characters dancing and singing on the big screen. That was magical.

They laughed, they cheered, they screamed 'ewwwww' at the kissing scene (this was followed by some very intense mommy laughter by every mom in the place) and they even danced in front of the screen during the credits. 

Watching them, I knew this was one of the moments they would never forget, a night to remember--for all of us :)

For those without a preteen in the house, High School Musical is a massive hit of this generation. And the songs are pretty catchy.





20 comments:

Laural Out Loud said...

What a day to remember!

I'm a whopping 32, and I can't wait to see HM3! Well, I'll wait until it's on DVD, but I'm moving it to the top of my Netflix queue.

AND... they finally kiss? On screen? Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my daughter saw it Friday with friends. Marcus got out 1/2 day, so like the whole high school was down there at the theaters!!

Anonymous said...

That's my favorite part too. Seeing their reaction and happy faces.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

FUN times you will never regret having! ;)

Amanda said...

What a great night out for you all!!
I have not seen any of the HSM movies ~ i'm sure that would be different if i had girls instead of 4 boys!!
l,
Amanda x

Jacque said...

My sister and I went to the movies on Saturday (to see a different movie, of course ;) and the theater was packed with kids to see HM3! I'll take Chloe maybe this weekend. Glad your girls had fun!

Texasholly said...

OMG. That sounds like great fun. Where you need a video camera on the girls for their reaction...

KC said...

Oh what fun.. When HSM 1st came out my 2 oldest kids were into it.. the when #2 came out the oldest was over the whole thing and the 2 middle kids were excited, this time with #3 only Sweet Pea my 3rd child is excited..
I am going to to talk with them all again to see if I can talk them all into going to see it though..
This weekend DH and I went to the movies alone and saw fireproof.
Sounds like you all had a wonderful time at HSM3

Brian and Staci said...

Ahhh I love it! I would soooo have been there if I had had a girl :) I just watched it for the first time this past Summer...all by my lonesome :( It's like the movie Grease for me...I could watch it over and over and over :) How fun for you and the girls :)

dani said...

oh, lisa, i so miss the days of making memories with "little girl katherine"!!! i'm estatic for you that your trip to the theater was a magical one:)
love,
dani

Anonymous said...

You can tell I have a son. I know NOTHING of what you just shared. LOL :)

Shannon said...

Glad y'all had fun!

And yes, Zac does make the movie better ;)
Except that I missed his solo. I took my girls and one of their friends... in the span of the two hour movie, we made FOUR trips to the bathroom. FOUR. So I missed his solo, part of the junkyard scene and most of the ending.

But what I did see was great!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great post -- made my Monday gloomies evaporate! Thanks for sharing it, you painted a fabulous picture for us with your words.

Happy Day!
tp

Anonymous said...

I give you such props for going opening weekend. I know how huge it is, and I don't even have a girl.

Jen said...

I know all of my nieces were having a countdown! I love watching my kids get so excited!

Anti-Supermom said...

I have no preteens in the house and yet, yes I know what HSM is. (In fact, it would be pretty hard to not know :) )

What a great story. I love that you went with them and didn't drop them off at the door. Love it!

Unknown said...

I would have loved to see their faces too! How fun! You're such a good Mommy for taking them...

Grace Acres said...

sounds like a great time. I wanted you to know I played a christmas cd in your honor last week! It was so magical. LOL!

OHmommy said...

That is darling that they said EWWW. And I too, would have totally been looking at their expressions. So good of you to take that in.

mah-meeee said...

YAY! they kissed finally! i know i would totally be watching the kids' reaction too!

glad you enjoyed hsm3. i can't wait until they come out on dvd or on tv, since i know there is too slim of a chance that i'll get to watch it in the theatre.