Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Where did you learn that?!

Part of girl #1's homework is to memorize the preamble to the constitution. To get her ready for memorization, I was going to have her copy it (it's not that long and it helps her handwriting!).
"But Mommmm," she moaned. "I already know it."
I smiled, "OK-say it."
And....she said it word for word (well some wording was slurred thanks to a horrific orthodontic device called a spacer).
"When did you..."I stopped I was at a loss. We have never gone over the constitution.
She sighed, "Mom, I've known the preamble since I was three."
Now I am speechless. Where on earth... and then a tune begins to fill my head....We the people in order form a more perfect union...
And people say TV rots your brain ;)

8 comments:

Texasholly said...

I LOVE TV!

Momo Fali said...

If it weren't for Schoolhouse Rock, I probably still wouldn't know how a bill becomes a law.

Brian and Staci said...

GO GIRL #1!!!

Brian and Staci said...

Oh yea, you can hate the orthodontic spacer...but love your orthodontist! (My Sweet Husband is the best one though!)

OHmommy said...

WOW. We have never watched that. Go to get to the library and check it out!

WOW

Theresa said...

I just asked my daughter if she knew the preamble. She started singing it. She said she learned it in 2nd grade. She is in 4th now. My husband and I both had our mouth hanging open. We don't even know that. Then Amanda said...school house rock.

Nice blog. Just stopped by to visit. Theresa

Purple Teacup said...

SCHOOLHOUSE ROCKS rocks! Thank God for educational TV.

Miss Lisa said...

momo fali--Laughing----one of my girls' first words was 'VETO' from that one (I love that song!)