Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Mom makes a New Year's Resolution, Kids suffer

OK I said no coffee for me unless it is a homeschool day. Well, today is a cold, stuck-in-the-house-because-the kids-have-their-schedules-all-messed-up (appaently staying up til midnight one night means you need to stay up til at least 10 the following night) and I had the urge to brew some yummy chemical enhancing beverage aka full caff coffee. I got the grounds ready and suddenly remembered my post from less than 12 hours ago--NO COFFEE UNLESS IT IS A HOMESCHOOL DAY.
The good mommy dumps the heaven sent grounds and grabs a water to stick to her resolution. Not me (evil grin). I told the kids we need to get ready for school and immedietly set them up for practice work-math speed drills, phonics spelling, literature work, etc. They thankfully did not complain (boredom it appears is powerful in the young gradeschooler!) and voila, it's a homeschol day. I enjoyed my coffee guilt free (even if I did have to microwave some of it and hour later).
Wonder if I can pull this off tomorrow?

1 comment:

Texasholly said...

What a great idea. I am sending Ryan over tomorrow so you can have your coffee--aren't I sweet?