Sunday, June 21, 2009

Watching TV as History Repeats

The past few days, I have been shocked and saddened by the protests in Iran, especially things like this. People protesting for a fair election are being beaten, jailed and killed.

It make me so grateful to live in a country where my vote does count and where I can protest without fear of harm.

But I grieve for these poor people. They need our prayers.

The event reminds of the protests in Tiananmen Square 20 years ago. College students protesting for something we were given at birth. College students killed for wanting what we take for granted.

Please take a few moments to pray for the men, women and children who are risking their lives to speak out, and pray it does not end as horribly as Tiananmen Square.

Since the protests began, the following song has been in head. When the song first came out, I found it as the awful truth--here we are watching TV without a care in the world while people are facing horrors to have their voices heard.

People are dying for freedom, won't you grieve with me.
***Warning--this video contains graphic images, please make sure your children are not near the computer screen!!!!****

r

No comments: