Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So there is a country song I like

I'm shocked to even write that. I can't stand country. Really can't. I can listen to all the old time big band stuff with Dino, the rock with Spanky, the showtunes with Miley and the classical with Sarah. But I can't listen to that country stuff with. At least all of it but one song.

The other night I turned on the Grammys to try and act under 35. Didn't work too well, I was lost and confused during most of it. Then The Zac Brown Band took the stage and they were really good--guitar playing that really blew me away. Kind of like a Lynard Skynard sort of Southern Rock.

And it was a lot of fun.

The next day I shocked my whole family and downloaded one of the songs, adding it to the 'morning glory' playlist and the 'hanging out' playlist and yes even the 'clean-up time' playlist. The kids even liked it. And they hate country just like me. Well we did. I just may download this entire cd and enjoy it with some Shiner in my Wranglers and Ropers (OK, more like Joe's Jeans and Sudini Italian boots but close enough, right?).


5 comments:

Clare said...

they are really good!! i like some country, but not all of the time!

Jenny said...

new to the blog from Clare's.

i watched the grammys the other night and liked them as well. i was kind of shocked!

thanks for letting us visit.

ourlittlebubba.blogspot.com

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

That's it! Turn in your Texas Flag and cowboy boots! How can you live in Texas and not like country music?? I guess there are more and more folks like you nowadays. hee hee

I love that song too! I also love Rascall Flatts. My favorite song is "Mayberry" because I used to live in a small town and it is EXACTLY like they describe it in the song and makes me cry every time I hear it!

Elaine A. said...

As long at you're drinkin' the Shiner, it's all good... ;) Glad you found some country you like!

PaulaW said...

Zac Brown rocks!